Blindside is an a cappella trio, looking to fill out our lineup. Founded by blind individuals, Blindside has a big passion for helping others and would love to include more visually impaired members, but the bottom line is, we’re looking for fun, funny, talented people with a desire to make great music together, so all are welcome! We focus on contemporary rock/pop covers, but we’re not going to shy away from the right classics or comedy tunes, as long as they form part of a cohesive set. Depending on the gig, we’ll pepper our shows with originals as well.
Blindside has performed at the Lion’s Club International 100 Year Anniversary in Chicago, charity events in North Carolina, and won Best Arrangement at the 2016 Los Angeles Regional harmony Sweepstakes!
What we’re looking for:
- A talented high tenor – we’ll know the right fit when we hear it. Strong solo chops need to be balanced against the ability to pull back into the chord and harmonize with the whole.
- A resonant low bass (Beatbox skills are valuable, but not essential) – This person needs to have at least a strong low D or lower. Blend is important, but also the ability to adapt to a wide variety of styles. A strong solo voice is also needed.
- A solid baritone. The range isn’t as important as the ability to blend with the whole as well as rock out solos like a boss!
While not essential, arranging ability, basic music theory and previous a cappella experience are definite pluses. Most important is attitude. We’re looking for members who have a strong work ethic and are passionate about their craft, but who enjoy singing on street corners or in restaurants for no other reason than it’s fun.
Blindside rehearses twice a week for two hours each, or once a week for three hours. Additional or alternate rehearsals can arise before performances based on availability. Must be flexible for gigging since that is a focus of the group. Pay will only come from paid performances.
Interested? Contact us with the following:
- Basic info about yourself and experience
- Audio or video sample of you singing.
Audition and callback day/time:
Auditions will be held in 15 minute slots over two days in early to mid August. We will contact you to schedule a time once we receive your initial response. Additional days may come up so please inquire.
Location: Los Angeles Area
We look forward to hearing from you!